A. Please follow the guide below to setup your connection ID and password from Rakuten Broadband Premium in Mac OS 10.4.
NOTE - These instructions apply when you are connecting your computer directly to the NTT device. If you are using a router, please refer to the manufacturers guide to configure this device.
1. Click on the Apple Logo in the top left corner of the screen and click "System Preferences..." here
2. Click on "Network" in the Systems Preferences screen
3. Click on the "Location:" drop down menu and select "New Location..." here
4. Enter a name for the new location here. We recommend something simple such as "GOL". Click "OK" once the name has been entered
5. The "Location" field should now read "GOL". Make sure "Built-in Ethernet" has been selected in the "Show:" drop down menu box and then click on the "PPPoE" tab
Check the option "Connect using PPPoE"
Next, enter your connection ID from Rakuten Broadband Premium in the "Account Name:" field. Depending on the service you are using, the connection ID should look like one of those listed below;
FLETS ADSL - email@example.com
BFETS/FLETS NEXT Fiber Optic Mansion type - firstname.lastname@example.org
BFETS/FLETS NEXT Fiber Optic Family type -email@example.com
Next, enter the password you received from Rakuten Broadband Premium in the "Password:" field.
NOTE - The connection ID and password is case sensitive. Please enter this exactly as shown on your documentation from us
Check the option to "Save password" and then click on the "PPPoE Options..." button
6. You should now see the following screen
Make sure you have the following options checked here;
- Connect automatically when starting TCP/IP applications - Checked
- Send PPP echo packets - Checked
- Use verbose logging - Not checked
The other options on this screen are optional. Once you have selected what settings you would like to check, click the "OK" button
7. Click "Apply Now" to save the changes.
You can now close the "Network" window
8. At this point, you should be able to open a web browser such as Safari and connect to the internet. If you are unable to do so, the settings inside the "Internet Connect" application may also need to be updated.
Click on the "Finder" in the "Dock" at the bottom of the screen
9. Click on "Applications"
10. Double click the "Internet Connect" icon here. If you cannot see the "Internet Connect" icon in the "Applications" folder, open the "Utilities" folder and you should see this icon here.
11. In the "Internet Connect" screen, make sure the option "Built-in Ethernet" has been selected from the "Configuration:" drop down menu box and that your connection ID and password is shown here.
Click the "Connect" button here and you should now be able to connect to the internet. You should now be able to connect automatically in the future as well by simply opening your web browser.
If you have any problems connecting, please refer to our other FAQs or contact us.