Q. How do I setup my internet connection in Windows Vista?
A. Please follow the guide below to setup your connection ID and password from Rakuten Broadband Premium in your Windows Vista machine.
NOTE - These instructions apply when you are connecting your computer directly to the NTT device. If you are using a router, please refer to the manufacturers guide to configure this device.
1. Click on the "Start Menu" and click on "Control Panel" here
2. Click on "Network and Internet" in the Control Panel
3. Click on "Network and Sharing Center"
4. Click on "Set up a connection or network"
5. Select "Connect to the Internet" and then click "Next"
6.Click on "Broadband (PPPoE)"
7. Enter your connection ID and password from Rakuten Broadband Premium here. Depending on the service you are using, the connection ID should look like one of those listed below;
FLETS ADSL - firstname.lastname@example.org
BFETS/FLETS NEXT Fiber Optic Mansion type - email@example.com
BFETS/FLETS NEXT Fiber Optic Family type -firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE - The connection ID and password is case sensitive. Please enter this exactly as shown on your documentation from us
Once you have entered the "User name" and "Password", you can check "Show Characters" to make sure the password has been entered correctly and check "Remember this password" to save this. You can also enter a connection name and we recommend using something simple such as "GOL"
Click on "Connect" once all the information has been entered
8. You will see a screen showing the connection progress
9. Once the connection has been established, you will see the following screen
As per the message at the bottom of this screen, to connect to the internet next time, click the Start button, click Connect to, and then click the connection you just created
If you have any problems connecting, please refer to our other FAQs or contact usTags: connection, internet, setup, vista, windows